Sunday, March 11, 2007

Rich & Rare


Apparently Canada is good for something after all. God knows the Expos were a horrible mistake.

I recently visited my local liquor store and picked up some Isaiah Craig for about $23 a bottle. It's not bad, but it's nothing to brag about. On a whim, I picked up some Rich & Rare, because I'd read an article about it in the Jackson Free Press. Basically, they advocated it as a good, cheap whiskey.

I bought a fifth for a little over six bucks.


Tonight, I tried it, and it's surprisingly smooth. There's a nice oakiness to it, but it's not overpowering. The aftertaste is pleasant, as well. Other bourbons and whiskeys I've tried have had too much fire and too little sweetness. If I wanted to drink horsepiss and get wasted, I'd just buy some moonshine. But this stuff has soul...

So, if you're looking for a good sippin' whiskey at a price that you can actually afford, I'd suggest Rich & Rare. I only wish I'd found this out before I blew through two trust funds and killed one of my grandfathers to collect the life insurance. Oh well- anything for the sweet nectar!

No comments: